Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Lonliness



I don't know about you, but often times, I feel like I have no one to talk to. It isn't because I don't have family and friends who love me, but it's because I feel like no one will truly understand what I'm going through. Sometimes, it's also because I feel like no one cares. Everyone is busy with their own issues, tasks, and obligations. Why would they have time for my problems? Sometimes, I feel lonley.
Different kinds of people do different kinds of things in order to fill their lonliness. Some get into relationships, thinking that that person will somehow fulfill the emptiness inside of them; and some make unwise choices in order to receive some sort of attention. Both of these options, along with others, will never satisfy.

Jesus felt lonely, too, you know. When He was near His gruesome death on the cross, bearing our sins, he felt completely and utterly alone. He cried out to His Father in Heaven, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Matthew 27:45-46) The burden of our sin and God's wrath was so heavy upon Him, that He felt totally alone.

Feeling lonely is not a fun feeling, as we all know. We all want to feel loved, cared for, and appreciated. All too often, we forget that God is interested, loving, and caring. He wants us to talk to Him and to let Him in. He really does understand everything we're going through. In Hebrews chaper 4, God's Word assures us that "...we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin." He understands our troubles, our needs, our trials, our anger, and our sadness because He too has experienced all of these.


"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)

When I feel lonely, I write to God. I tell Him what I feel like no one else will understand. I tell Him that I feel alone and that I need His comfort that He so willingly gives.
I stand here and can honestly say that God is everything you could possibly need and more. He is more than enough. He satisfys every hunger and thirst. He accompanies every lonely soul and gives light at the end of the long tunnel.
When you feel lonely, run into the Mighty arms of Jesus and always remember that God "sees us as we are, but loves us as we should be." Nothing can separate you from his love (Romans 8:38-39). You are NEVER alone.


--Taleen Afsharian

No comments:

Post a Comment